Exposure to the coin-sized gadget could have caused it to function and punch a hole in the wind pipe

This case study of the little girl of Pune who eats the battery cell during the playing. Nine-month-old Laxmi (name changed) had accidentally ingested a remote control battery while playing at her Rahatni home on October 18, 2017. Following the incident, she was immediately hurried to Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital’s emergency center at Pimpri Chinchwad.
Then before starting the treatment, the doctor can do some test i.e. X-Ray. After an X-ray, it was revealed that the battery was stuck in the esophagus. It was extracted through endoscopy — a non-surgical method that involves an endoscope and flexible tube with a light and a camera. As soon as Laxmi was at the hospital, the doctors expressed an immediate need to get the battery out as it could have caused life-threatening ulcers, burns, and even holes. They warned the patient’s family by confirming that if the esophagus mucosa would have covered the battery, it could have created an electrical circuit causing the battery to function, releasing an alkali similar to caustic soda. It can erode through the wall to the windpipe. Dr. Prasad Bhate is the experienced gastroenterologist at Aditya birla hospital who expertise in gastrology, Hepatology, and Liver transplant. These are led the team of this treatment

Following the cautionary advice, a team of doctors led by Dr. Prasad Bhate, a gastroenterologist at Aditya Birla Hospital, removed the affected battery from the esophagus. The nine-month-old was then discharged in a couple of days. Bhate said, “We were tasked with removing the coin-like substance, which we initially suspected was a battery. We put the girl on general anesthesia and removed the external body endoscopically. The diameter of this battery was quite large for the food pipe and thus, it could not pass through the stomach. If the battery would have remained in the food pipe for a longer duration, it would have been disastrous for the child’s health”.
After the long treatment finally, get the doctors are successful to remove the battery cell from the child’s esophagus. Dr. Prasad Bhate and team saving the life of the 9-month-old child. The all family member is thanking to doctor for his life-saving.

Case Study - Extract Battery from 9-Month